Saturday 24 July 2010

Graduated

So having graduated I took a bit of time out and now I'm getting back into things.

Spent all day listing new things on ebay so feel free to check out myworld on ebay....

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/284ad

Also I've started to dabble in Roman cooking techniques which I hope to document on here. I don't think my neighbours appreciated my first attempt at making Garum but now that the smell has cleared I think I am ready to really work my way through my copy of the "Apicius" or "De re coquinaria".

Anyway to finish with here's a few things I added to my online store....












Cn. Lentulus Clodianus AR Denarius 88BC

Obverse: Bust of Mars right wearing Corinthian helmet, seen from behind, holding spear and parazonium, the strap of which is visible over the right shoulder

Reverse: Victory in biga right, holding wreath and reins, CN LENTVL in ex.

3.82g 19mm Crawford 345/1; Sear 254.






Denarius of M. Aurelius Scaurus,L. Licinius Crassus and Cn. Domitius Ahenobarbus 118 B.C.

Obverse: ROMA - M. AVRELI Head of Roma wearing winged Phrygian helmet; behind, mark of value *.

Reverse: SCAVRI / L. LIC. CN. DOM Naked, bearded warrior in biga r., holding shield, carnyx and reins in l. hand and hurling spear.

Cr. 282/1. Syd. 523. Seaby Aurelia 20. 3.76g, 20mm.

Ex CNG Electronic Auction 232. This coin was minted to celebrate the victories ofCn. Domitius Ahenobarbus which led to the founding of the first Roman Colony in Gaul "Narbo".





M. Volteius Mf. AR Denarius. 78 BC

Obverse: Laureate bust of Jupiter right

Reverse: Temple of Jupiter Capitolinus with closed doors; thunderbolt on pediment; M VOLTEI MF in ex

3.91g 19mm Volteia 1






Maximianus. 286-305 AD. Æ Follis

300-305 AD. Londinium mint

Obv: IMP C MAXIMIANVS P F AVG, laureate and cuirassed bust right

Rev: GENIO POPV-LI ROMANI, Genius standing left, holding patera and cornucopiae.

28mm, 11.09 g, 6h, RIC VI 6b

Good VF, dark brown patina, light roughness. Comes with CNG auction ticket.

From the Elliott-Kent Collection.

2 comments:

  1. this is very very good to know that you are learning and exploring some new things on the internet. i am also a big fan of roman cooking techniques. will wait for the next update from your side soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting graduation degree, glad that you didn't wasted your time but spent it in learning new things. Thank you for sharing this blog with us

    ReplyDelete